How to install Advanced Server-Side add-on for Google Tag Manager for WooCommerce?
Advanced Server-Side add-on extends basic server-side functionality of the PRO plugin with:
- additional parameters of purchase event that allows advanced matching with 3rd party APIs
- send events from background job so it won't impact customer transaction flow
- purchase events can be retried in case of transient errors
- more events are coming soon
This add-on requires:
- Google Tag Manager for WooCommerce PRO
- GTM Server Container Hosting
1. Install and configure Google Tag Manager for WooCommerce PRO
First, make sure that Google Tag Manager for WooCommerce PRO plugin is up and live in your WooCommerce shop. You can follow this guide to ensure everything is installed correctly.
2. Install Advanced Server-Side add-on plugin
Now install Advanced Server-Side add-on plugin. Navigate to WP-Admin Plugins section and upload plugin ZIP file. Install and activate it. After activation, new events should appear in the list of available events in the settings of the main Google Tag Manager for WooCommerce PRO plugin:
3. Add Measurement Protocol Client in GTM Server Container
Before sending data to GTM server container it needs to have Measurement Protocol Client added to the workspace. Measurement Protocol is standard GA4 format of server-to-server communication.
4. Configure connection to GTM Server container
Now set your GTM Server Container URL and Client Activation Path based on the previous set in the settings of the plugin:
5. Complete setup in GTM Server Container
From now you can complete your GTM Server container setup using Purchase event as the trigger and Tags of your choice:
Having issues with setting up your GTM Server container? If you have purchased our add-on we are happy to assist you, send us a message at [email protected]